MARUTI PLASTIC INDUSTRY PLC "MPI" is an ISO 9001:2015 certified, organization in Ethiopia that manufactures’ uPVC pipes, HDPE pipes, uPVC Telecom Cables duct, uPVC Casing pipes, uPVC riser pipes, uPVC Slotted Pipes, uPVC Screen Casing Pipes and PVC Electrical Rigid Conduit Pipe as per ISO 4422 and DIN 8062 International standards. MPI established in 2013 with state of the art fully computerized machineries imported from various reputed suppliers around the world.
Maruti Plastic Industry PLC (MPI) quality management system is certified by Ethiopian Conformity Assessment Enterprise (ECAE), Ethiopia & Alcumus ISOQAR Limited, UK to produce the finest quality pipes.
Within a short period of market penetration MPI is became one of the leading supplier of uPVC pipes and HDPE pipes for their reliability and durability. Currently MPI supply in local market, Grade One Contractor and various government projects. Our pipes are used in various applications such as Agriculture & irrigation, Construction, Plumbing, Sanitation, Infrastructure and Drilling.
MPI has paved the way for a future that provides excellent drainage system and clean water for everyone and everywhere; from the smallest villages to the largest cities.
- Maruti plastic Industry Plc work closely with customers to develop and manufacture products that meet exact specifications. Our knowledge of various raw material and chemicals used for production of plastic pipe materials forms a fundamental element in our work, allowing us to find high performance solutions to specific applications of our product.
- To lead the market and be profitable in the domestic and international market by delivering products that meet customers need in quality, quantity and at competitive price.
- To produce and supply plastic pipes as required by the domestic and international market in time and with the required quality standard.
- To produce plastic products for the existing market requirements and introduce new products based on the market need.
- To execute other business processes that support to attain the objectives in production, sales and profitability; and make expansion.
RAW MATERIALS & MACHINERIES
Raw Materials for uPVC PIPE
- The direct raw materials required for the envisaged pipe production is compounded PVC resin. PVC uncompounded resin, unlike some other thermoplastics is not suitable for direct processing. To confer the required processing and end instability, it is necessary to mix additives to the PVC Resin like Stabilizer, Filler, Colour Matser batch, PE wax etc.
- PVC resin is compounded with other ingredients in a high speed mixer. The compounded resin is fed to the double screw extruder where the inserts and die body for the required pipe diameter are fitted.
- MPI Import raw materials originated from USA, Turkey, Thailand, Taiwan, India, China and all around the world.
Are widely used as sewage pipes and exterior drainage pipes. They are incredibly strong, stiff and cost effective. They are resistant to chemical erosion and reactions in different temperatures and operating conditions. They are open used for plumbing and draining applications typically including waste pipes, drainpipes and downspouts. uPVC Pipes as well as fittings have a number of advantages over their counterparts; some of them are:- They have great strength and flexibility as compared to other PVC materials. - PVC pipes is relatively non toxic.
Unlike other materials, uPVC is 100% leak proof. Thus, there is no scope to worry about water leakage when opting for PVC Pipe installation.
The uPVC Pipes do not break even under the harshest weather conditions, including exposure to salts and chemicals that may cause corrosion in pipes made from the commonly used materials such as copper and steel.
- General: The physical, chemical and mechanical properties of uPVC Pipes & fittng demonstrate their superiority in utility and applications over conventional system.
- Density: The density of uPVC is approximately 1.43g/cm3, which is almost 1/6th the weight of cast iron and steel, thus making it much cheaper to transport and easier to handle during installation.
- Opacity: The wall of the uPVC Pipe shall not transmit more than 0.2% of the visible light.
- Mechanical Strength: The uPVC Pipes & Fittings are suitable even in varying conditions, because of its mechanical strength. This can be gauged from the fact that the tensile, flexural and compressive strength of uPVC is around 450 kg/cm2
- Hygienics: uPVC Pipes & Fittings offer the most hygienic means of fluid transportation. They are highly capable in fighting attacks by fungi and are not subject to contamination. The inside surface is extremely smooth, does not support any growth, encrustation or fuming, and no odour or taste is transmitted to the fluid being conveyed. This property is of prime importance for the transportation of potable water to towns and villages.
- Chemical Resistance: uPVC is unaffected by most concentrations of acids, alkalis,organic chemicals, oils and fats. This resistance to corrosion by most chemicals makes uPVC Pipes & Fittings indispensable for contemporary industrial applications and for sewerage purposes.
- Flexibility: Being a thermoplastic material, uPVC is more capable to withstand deformation due to earth movements. uPVC Pipes & Fittings in this respect are considerably more popular than metallic and asbestos cement pipes, which can collapse under stress levels.
- Fire Resistance: uPVC Pipes and Fittings do not support combustion and are self-extinguishing, a fact that has been proven over a considerable amount of time.
- Pressure Rating: The Nominal pressure of uPVC pipe is the working pressure of the pi at 20oC. If the operating temperature is in between 25-45oC a supplementary derating factor should be applied according to the following table. The maximum working pressure is given by multiplying the nominal pressure by derating factor. uPVC Pipes are not recommended for operating above temprature > 60oC or 140oF.
Maruti Plastic Industry PLC “MPI” uPVC pipes impart smooth and better flow in comparison with traditional pipes. Not only this, they offer excellent resistance against corrosion, chemicals, and electrolytic. Their 100% hygienic and odorless nature makes them ideal for conveying water from one place to another. Some of the other uses of these pipes include irrigation, industrial/chemical effluent disposal system, distribution of oils & gases, transportation of acid and slurries, telecommunication cable duct, and many others.
MPI uPVC pipes are available in different colors like Black, Gray, Yellow, Orange and Blue.
SLOTTED PVC WELL CASINGS
Maruti Plastic Industry PLC produces a full range of slotted uPVC Pipes that can be used for the removal of surface and ground waters. Pipe sizes can range from 100mm up to 400mm and can be supplied with a full range of fittings.
- Purpose and use: slotted pipe systems are designed for the gravity drainage ground and surface waters in many applications. They can be used specially for controlling the moisture content of road / motor way formations and sub base. They are used to collect large quantties of road way surface water and act as the main drain as well. The use of slotted pipe has increased more and more as engineers begun recognizing the benefits of the system
- Size range: Pipe can be supplied in a range of size and wall thickness to suit any application
- Jointing: pipe can be provided with either plain end, solvent weld or rubber seal type joint.
ELECTRICAL RIGID CONDUITS
Maruti Plastic Industry PLC “MPI” offers a complete line of rigid PVC conduit. For commercial, industrial and utility usage, MPI PVC conduit is proven durable and effective for years of maintenance-free performance in underground, encased and exposed applications. MPI Rigid PVC conduit systems are sunlight resistant and its Features as follows:
- Excellent in electric strength with no breakdown even at 5000V
- High Insulation resistance
- No deformation or bending
- No cracking
- Excellent rigidity
- Colour range in installation:- Grey, black, blue, yellow or orange.
- Uniformity of wall thickness
- Flame resistance as manufactured out of self-extinguishing PVC material
- Open and concealed wiring in industries, residential and commercial building
- House meter and water pump connections
- Street light and traffic signal connections
- Concealed wiring on buses, railways coaches, ships and aircratts etc.
MPI is using virgin raw materials to produce the right standard wall thickness conduits and quality is tested in own laboratory
- We know that control of the quality of the raw material to be used in the production of pipes is the first essential and necessary condition for compliance with the specified requirements of the finished product. Hence all the raw materials purchased from reputed companies after checking their MSDS and revelent authorities quality certificates from the country of origin to assure quality compliance.
- Control of the quality of the pipe manufacturing process is the next essential and necessary requirements.
MPI quality laboratory is equipped with latest lab equipments to test :
- Dimensional measurements,
- Impact Test,
- Heat reversion,
- Methylene chloride test etc
APPLICATION & HANDLING
- Store away from excessive heat.
- Avoid contamination by oils, petrol or greases. uPVC Sewer and Drainage pipe should be stored for an extended period (more than 3 months), should be completely covered with an opaque UV resistant material.
- The storage area must be flat and leveled, with no sharp objects or projections and able to support the complete plan area and weight of the material being stored.
- Pipes should be stored in a bundled beehive configuration not exceeding 1mtrs in height.
- Dimension A in Fig. 1.Dimension A in Fig. 1.Lengths should be evenly supported at spans not exceeding 1mtrs.
- Socketed pipes should be stacked with sockets at alternate ends protruding; ensuring pipes are evenly supported. For temporary storage on site, the ground should be leveled and free from stones or sharp objects likely to damage the pipe.
- Carefully store pipes in tapered stacks (Fig. 2) or cross stacks (Fig. 3) not more than 1 metrs in height is important that each pipe should have an even bearing throughout its entire barrel length.
- Pipes of different sizes should be stacked separately. Where this is not possible, larger diameter pipes should be placed at the bottom
HANDLING & TRANSPORT
- While uPVC Pipes and profiles are light and easy to handle, they should not be maltreated. The protection of the prepared pipe ends is particularly important.
- Pipes or profiles should never be dropped on hard surfaces
- The dragging of pipe or profiles along the ground is not permitted.
- Pipes should be transported by a suitable vehicle, having a flat and leveled load bed with no sharp objects or projections and able to support the complete plan area and weight of the pipe being transported.
- During transport, pipe should be supported along the length on timber battens not less than 75mm wide, at spans not exceeding 1mtrs.
- During transport, all loads should be securely anchored with suitable ratchet webbing load straps so as to prevent movement and chaffing of the pipe.
- The loading and unloading of pipes should be under trained and experienced supervision.
- Wide band slings of a non-metallic material should be used when litting pipe bundles by crane.
- Do not use hooks, chains or hawsers. Litting points along pipe lengths or pipe bundles are to be evenly spaced.
For the supply of fresh water for decades ensured that fresh water, essential for life, reaches the consumer clean and uncontaminated.
Resistant to most chemicals, our pipes have an important role to play in industrial plants.
- ELECTRICAL & TELECOMMUNICATION CABLES PROTECTION
Our Pipes are great thermal & integral insulators due to low thermal conductivity. Flame resistant due to the material being self-estinguisher and have longer life than cement and other pipes.
- DRAINAGE, SEWER & IRRIGATION SYSTEM
Drainage systems for private homes, ventilation for office buildings, factories, highways and waste lines
RUBBER RING JOINTS
Where a rubber seal is automatically compressed and forms a sealed joint when the spigot end is inserted into the socket. A lubricant will considerably reduce the effort required to make a joint AND will minimize the possibility of dislodging the rubber ring. The lubricant used should be water soluble, non-toxic and preferably of a gel consistent.
Assemble the required pipes, fittings and equipment as indicated below.Where possible, choose a site that is ventilated, under shade and away from wind.