Ethiopia: Power Station Built at an Outlay of 251 Million Birr Goes Operational

Electric power distribution station built at an outlay of 251 million Birr in Jimma town, Oromia state, has started giving service.

Commenting on the development, Wudneh Yemane, Electric Transmission System Improvement Project Coordinator at Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP), said 85 percent of the project cost was financed by African Development Bank (AfDB). The remaining 15 percent was covered by the Government of Ethiopia, he added.

The station would enable to address problems of power interruption and avoid water supply disruption associated with electricity supply problems, Wudneh noted.

Source: Fana Broadcasting Corporation

Exchange Rates

Selling Buying
USD US 27.6813  27.1385 
GBP UK 36.6611  35.9341 
EUR EU 32.5144  31.8742 
CHF CHE 28.0005  27.4403 
CAD CA 21.7074  21.2718 
AED UAE 7.5366  7.3886