Modification for Impacts of PSNP and CBHI linkages on client households, to assess the impacts of PSNP and CBHI linkages on client households
|Bid closing date||Jun 13, 2018 10:00 AM|
|Bid opening date||No Specific Opening Date|
2merkato.com (Jun 5, 2018)|
|Posted on||Jun 5, 2018|
Clarifications on LRPS-2018-9139902
Impacts of PSNP and CBHI linkages on client households, to assess the impacts of PSNP and CBHI linkages on client households
Click here to see the previous tender
- In the cover letter it is mentioned that “please quote the respective LRPS (request for quotation) number with the service for impact evaluation in Amhara region in your all correspondences” It is not clear what actually LRPS refers to.
- Answer - LRPS-2018-913 9902, Impacts of PSNP and CBHI linkages on client households, to assess the impacts of PSNP and CBHI linkages on client households should be mentioned on the cover of the envelop
- Again in the cover letter, what does also “EOI number” that we need to mention while sending clarification email to Mr Sisay or Ms Tsigereda refers to?
- Answer – Same like qst #1
- On cover page it is stated that Bid is only for local bidders. Buton page 14 which states about expected background and experiences it says international team leader. This needs clarification. Does this mean the bidder is local company and international experts can join as individuals?
- Answer – No this bid is open only for international vendors, However, in case of joint venture please read 2.4 of Part IV – Requirements
- Does the RFP require two proposals (qualitative and quantitative) or just one?
- Answer – As our bid is request for proposal for services we will expect participants to provide us two separate envelopes with Technical and Financial proposals
- Does the assignments described in the RFP includes doing analysis for the impact evaluation of integrated PSNP/CBHI in addition to qualitative and quantitative data collection?
- Answer – Detailed statement of work is indicated on the bid document, please refer to the biddocument.
- From our reading about ISNP from the UNICEF website, it seems thatISNP is already under implementation. The request for proposal, however, states baseline data collection. This needs clarification.
- From our reading about ISNP from the UNICEF website, it seems that ISNP is already under implementation. The request for proposal, however, states baseline data collection. This needs clarification.
- Answer - The ISNP was launched in December 2017 and the programme is currently in design stage. However, UNICEF and implementing government partners will ensure that the programme activities in selected kebeles for the Impact Evaluation will not start before the baseline data will be collected.
- On section 5.1 (Design section), it is stated that “care will betaken to choose control and treatment woredas with similar availability and quality of healthcare services” However, on the same page it is indicated that comparison woredas are ArtumaFursi and Ebinat. This is confusing. It seems that control and treatment woredas are already selected. This needs clarification. If woredas were selected, then the question is how were the treatment and control woredas chosen? What are the criteria used to choose treatment and control districts? These very important for impact evaluation.
- Answer - The treatment Woredas were indeed already chosen to be LiboKemkem and DawaChefa. Treatment Woredas are proposed to be ArtumaFursi and Ebinat, based on similar preconditions to the treatment areas. The treatment Woredas were identified based on a thorough selection process (involving Government and UNICEF) and this was determined by various criteria, such as ongoing PSNP and CBHI activities, existing capacities at Government levels as well as general accessibility for regular monitoring and on site support.
- As we have discussed it over the phone, we need a list of PSNP
- beneficiaries (as that is the entry point) with/without CBHI to choose our sample (so purposive than random sampling).
- Answer - This list is not easily available at this stage, but we believe it can be provided to/accessed by the selected firm in the inception phase of this assignment.