|Phone||+251 11 402300|
|Fax||+251 11 402107|
|Mobile||+251 91 1527265|
|Mobile 2||+251 91 1527264|
|Location||Deberezeit Road Nifas Silk Lafto Sub City, Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Primary Category||Ethiopian Manufacturers|
Yirgalem Addis textile factory PLC is formerly Adei Ababa yarn factory which was privatized by the Government in Nov, 2010.
The Company had more than 50 years experience in spinning, knitting, weaving, dyeing, garments and blanket activities. The factory is located on a prime & accessible location in the southern part of capital city Addis Ababa on Debrezeit road, Nifas Silk Lafto sub city.
Yirgalem Addis Textile Factory plc is owned by W/o Yirgalem Asfaw, a woman entrepreneur, highly committed to transform the factory to one of the biggest textile and garment manufacturer in Ethiopia.
Currently, the factory has more than 800 employees and 90% of the employees are women.
The factory has been supplying its products to the following major international and local customers:
• International Red cross society
• Intra Health International
• Goal Ethiopia
• Ethiopian Army
• Teddy Spa , Italy
• KIK Textilien, Germany
• Weather Proof , USA
• David payser sportswear, USA
• Champro sports, USA
• Coca Cola Company ( East African bottling house )
The company is an integrated textile factory consisting of:
• Knit dyeing
• Garment stone washing
• Blanket weaving , blanket stitch bond (non woven)
• Garment production
The knitting plant produces 10,500 kg of grieg knit fabrics per day in various types of knit constructions such as jersey, rib, pique, popcorn and interlock.
• The Dyeing plant produces 10,000 kgs of finished knit fabrics per day.
• The dyeing plant is also equipped with stone wash and garment wash facility for Jeans and knit products
• The Garment plant produces 10,000 pcs of finished basic knit garments per day.
• But currently under expansion project to increase the daily capacity to 24, 000 pcs per day
The blanket unit is equipped with weaving, direct warping and sectional warping, raising, stitch bonding and carding facilities to produce quality woven and non woven blankets with a capacity to produce 1800 pcs of non woven and 1450 pcs of woven blankets per day. The annual capacity for the blanket plant production lines is as indicated below:
S/N Production Unit Annual Production
1 Non woven Blanket 540,000 Pcs
2 Woven Blanket 435,000 Pcs
3 Raising and Finishing 1,200,000 pcs
The company is undergoing expansion in its blanket and garment plants and rehabilitation project in its knitting and dyeing plants that enables the company alleviate its bottle necks and be more competitive in the international market.